There are many important features of a home insurance policy to consider when choosing what is the right coverage for you and your home. I always recommend discussing your situation and property with a local insurance broker like those at Smart Move Insurance in Scottsdale, Arizona.
A licensed broker can go over all the necessary information to determine what is the right coverage for the home and any additional coverages that may be necessary based on your situation and risks.
Here are a couple of important features that are included on most homeowners insurance policies:
- Dwelling (covers the structure of the building plus any additional attached structures)
- Other Structures (Any unattached structures)
- Personal property (Flip your house upside down whatever would fall out would be covered here. Be aware there are some restrictions on the amount of coverage for certain items such as; currency, firearms, jewelry, fine arts, etc)
- Loss of Use (pay for additional living expenses while home is being repaired or rebuilt due to a loss)
- Personal liability (liability coverage to protect against potential lawsuits of negligence)
- Medical Payments (Covers medical expenses to others who are accidentally injured on your property)
- Deductible (Your portion of the loss that you have to cover then the insurance kicks in)
There are many additional coverages that are optional on many homeowners insurance policies available today. A Smart Move Insurance agent can discuss all of these options with you and your potential need. Here is a list of a few of the most popular options:
- Replacement Cost Contents
- Replacement Cost Dwelling
- Extended Dwelling coverage
- Identity Fraud
- Scheduled Items (Jewelry, currency, fire arts, etc.)
- Water/sewer backup
Please feel free to contact an agent at Smart Move Insurance. We are a local Scottsdale insurance brokerage specializing in business, auto, home and life insurance. Our process is simple, we work with you to shop over 20 insurance carriers to find the right fit for you. Best of all, you never have to go insurance shopping again. If your rate goes up or you just don’t like the insurance carrier you are with, give us a call and we will find you a better fit. We are in the business of building long term relationships that last so let us show you why we know working with us is a Smart Move.